SMS Texting Program Info & Materials
This year, every RFL event in the country will have the opportunity to use SMS texting to send information, announcements and the latest news to support their fundraising efforts. This offers you another way to stay in touch with your supporters before, during and after your event. The possibilities are endless! You can send meeting reminders, fundraising encouragements, announcements during the event and thank you messages post event.
SMS = Short Message Service
SMS is the text communication services component of phone, web or mobile communication systems. It allows exchange of short text messages between devices – up to 160 characters. SMS is the most widely used data application in the world with 2.4 billion active users, or 74% of all mobile phone subscribers.
What is the basic opt-in process?
1. Create a new text message
2. Set it so that it will send to 22723
3. In the message field, type your event’s keyword (e.g.- the Relay For Life of Agoura, CA’s keyword is 1001)
4. Send the message!!
In other words: “Text 1001 to 22723″
How do I start my event’s campaign?
- Every event campaign is LIVE now.
- Staff will receive the keyword and message site log in information for each event. Volunteers, please contact your staff partner for this information.
- Once you have your keyword, you can join the list yourself and start sending text messages.
- Start marketing text message alerts and start building your campaign list.
What are some resources that I can use?
***Please Note: Use this URL to log into the MID-SOUTH account: acs-ms.hipcricket.com There is no www. in front of the web address. Just copy and paste as is.
The following SMS Guide and the Powerpoint presentation is a Corporate document and does not have division specific web addresses. Please use the above Mid-South URL.